Monday, September 29, 2008

What is beautiful today?



There is something nice about coming home at night, after the cool has set in.  And being the only one up in the house.  Reading a letter in silence and flourescense.  

I ask people the same question : what is the most beautiful thing you've seen today? I want to know the answer because beauty could mean something sad or happy.  Beauty to me distinguishes something remarkable.  And it flushes out a moment.  I remember walking down a grey street with Ilana on a wet Eugene day.  The colors of the plants were bright in the rainy light.  We were speaking, one at a time, exactly that which was in us.  

I want a new answer to this question "what is the most beautiful thing that you've seen today?" every day. It doesn't have to be a sight really. It's the experience that is beautiful.  Today I witnessed a family forming.  It is bright and loving and really, really funny, it's made of strangers who somehow pooled themselves together in Albuquerque... Imagining what really brought each of us here is exciting. Why are we here? What are we teaching each other? That is the most beautiful thing I saw today. 

2 comments:

pacothebigtaco said...

omg, I saw the cutest baby ever chewing on straws sitting in a seat on the metro today.... and then the most attractive father ever, to boot. He was also chewing straws to make the little cherib happy. It was grand.

315porter said...

Beauty?

U wanna kno bout Bee-U-Ti? Ooh. Me 2!

Well, it's You. It's Me @ Times. It's All of Us, right?

The Face of Understanding, of Listening, of Contributing-- of Being Human. I saw that 2day, n Baby-- that TOOK The Cake!

Cheerio! --CP