Monday, February 9, 2009

Hey Edward Gorey, You're Really Great!


Today I spent a lot of time drawing wallpaper because I want to have a yoga class at my house on Wednesday morning. Um. That is, I drew the person doing yoga and then added wallpaper thinking: so this is what Edward Gorey does/did. My my my. I learned today that drawing wallpaper is a lot like going on a spiritual-spacial complicating journey into lines, ink, and the tendons in your palm. I enjoyed it and yet it make me quake. And my wallpaper is a total mess. Edward Gorey drew excruciatingly detailed and perfect little backgrounds on many of his pieces. I think this might make him a shaman. A journeyer into a more than passive realm.

I salute you Edward Gorey.

1 comment:

315porter said...

Oh U Cute-ness!

I SalUt U 2, E.G. :)

Enjoie the PaprWallz. --cp