Wednesday, November 5, 2008

President Obama

I just can't help it.  I watched twenty online videos today about Obama winning the presidency, and I just want to watch more, and read the paper and congratulate my friends.  I know the picture below is dramatic, and I'm not even sure why he's crying (It's a pre-election picture) but isn't it GREAT!!!  When we heard the news last night we took a collective shot of tequila, and wandered into a spontaneous dance party on Central street in ABQ.  It was covered by the channel seven news and even though they somehow edited me and my friends out here's the link: Albuquerque Party!!!
I hugged several strangers, ululated, danced and shouted the word "Obama" rythmically with everyone else.  A crowd gathered around the drummers, car horns blared, and people took pictures with their cell phones. It was very moving.  It's a strange feeling to actually like the president of the united states of America.  Part of me wonders if I am just dazzled by his dashing good looks, and intelligent sounding sentences.  I think that could be it, but I mean, those aren't really bad things.

2 comments:

George Cook said...

In my younger days I had the joy of seeing John Fitzgerald Kennedy win the election. As your father I am so happy that you have a similar experience with Barack, whose election means so much more in the history of America. God willing, we will see this promising leader and his charming family enter the White House on January 20.

The light of God surrounds them.
The love of God enfolds them.
The power of God protects them.
The presence of God watches over them.
Wherever they are, God is, and all is well.
Amen.

Sarah said...

I like this one! Is that picture for real? I took a collective shot of a red white and blue (well, mostly purple) thing we made. YAY! Then went walking in the rain. Love!