Thursday, November 20, 2008

Mystery Maps

I have 35 pictures to show you.
I have a cold winter night
dry hands
6 letters taped to the wall (but one of them is from me)
and I have one really big yawn.
I also have a couple of maps:




I found this on googlemaps.
It's in Alamosa, Colorado. 
I think that it must be a lake , right?
But it doesn't have a name and neither do the roads leading to it.  And when it comes down to it the roads don't really lead to it at all.  They just kind of stop and round off at the ends. 
Is this just a nice little graphic addition to the world, courtesy of google?

If so, have they made more of them?


Take a close look at that lake or grouping of water in towards the middle.  Does that look like a normal body of water to you? This is taken from a map of the Albuquerque area and I'm pretty sure there are NO lakes near here, at least none that look like clumps of yarn.

I would be delighted to visit these mysterious bodies of water and find out what they're really like. In Colorado I might find an enormous shallow puddle at the end of some sidewalk, or possibly a large damp parachute.  If I follow the map to the spot in Albuquerque I might find an actual body of water with an actual habitable island in the very middle! Or perhaps a giant water slide park...

I will have to visit to know for sure because google hasn't taken satellite pictures of the area yet.  Huzzah.




No comments: