Saturday, August 29, 2009

Guests in my room.

Earlier today I noticed that there was a substantial fat fairy landed on a painting my brother made me for christmas (using highlighters, pen, and white out). I eyed it nervously because it was a large, and precariously placed. It seemed like it might fall off and roll out of control on to my toes or knees or something else ticklish.

But I was on the phone so I kind of turned around and ignored it for a while. By the time I hung up the fairy was forgotten. Much later, which happened to be just now, my attention was drawn to a loud clacking outside of my window.

Since the sun has set and I am alone in my house I had another nervous moment looking towards the thin screen separating me from the rest of Albuquerque. And there, on the very screen was another large fairy. Landing awkwardly and somehow managing to make the screen go "clack" every time he settled against it. Seeing this fairy banging around outside reminded me to check on the painting. I looked around to find he'd left.




This is a photo of a fairy I saw last week. Not like today's fairies at all. They were heavy and more like wizened old men.

No comments: