Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Days

No day is all too easy these days, but all the days are long and good. The heat wakes me up early and makes me stay in bed. Often oatmeal and coffee, sometimes just lemon juice and maple syrup. Meetings, errands, calls. Usually a bike uphill. Then four hours in some classroom with too many or too few students. Yesterday short films. I was a cop in the film, I had to sleep while my students stole the piles of money surrounding me. Then I had to run after them while the sun beat down and they laughed, darting ever so easily out of reach. Today songs. We play guitar and sing about birds, butterflies, 'pickle-oh's,' and Finnegan the snail. Tomorrow performance art. A bike/bus/car ride home, squinting into the sun. The earth is so hot. Vegetables to eat and water to drink, band practice. I stay up later and later the closer summer comes, the cooler hours are for the tent, ideas, and the moon.

No comments: